Code of Conduct
As facilitators, the Primadonna festival strives to provide a duty of care to all members of our community, acting responsibly and swiftly to safeguard against any behaviour we deem to be in violation of this code of conduct. The Primadonna festival therefore reserves the right to remove any persons who we feel violate this code of conduct in both online and offline spaces and/or persist in any harmful behaviours brought to our attention.
The Primadonna festival expects all participants to act in the manner set out below:
- To create a welcoming and safe environment for all
- To conduct all interactions associated with the festival with openness, respect and empathy
- To respect the privacy of participants and any sensitive personal information that you may be entrusted with
- To disagree and offer critique in a constructive and helpful manner
- To be prepared to challenge yourself and audience members to identify biases
- To communicate, engage with and listen to all members of the community in a respectful manner
- To act responsibly both on and offline and to adhere to any boundaries put in place by your fellow participants.
The Primadonna festival will not tolerate any of the below:
- Hate speech, Inflammatory or discriminatory language and behaviours both on or offline. This includes both macro and micro aggressions, or the agreement/ sharing of derogatory and prejudiced words, articles and pictures both past and present with the intent to cause offense or deliberately demean minoritised communities.
- Offensive comments relating to race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, body size, mental illness, class or any other comments made in order to denigrate or discriminate against a person’s background or lifestyle.
- Persistent harassment or intimidation both on or offline including unwelcome sexual attention or contact and the sharing of any sexually explicit materials
- Any behaviour we deem to be physically, sexually or mentally inappropriate
We therefore respectfully ask all partners to adhere to our code of conduct and reserve the right to ask persons associated with us to desist in any harmful behaviours brought to our attention. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from festival spaces and/or a severance of any agreement between us. Primadonna values the safety and wellbeing of our community. If you or any other member of our community feel that you are experiencing behaviour that is not in line with our code of conduct, we ask you to contact us immediately: email@example.com